1. The Blank Page: This is the beginning where you're trying to force the words in your head down through your arm and into your fingers/hands so that you can bury the demon that is the blank page, but your brain's like that ain't happenen sucka.
2. Total Lack of Inspiration: You know when you suddenly decide that your story is the worst idea you've ever come up ever? Total lack of inspiration. Young (and old) writers, we actually do need inspiration. Saying otherwise is delusional.
3. Sudden 'Hunger': This happens all throughout NaNo. This is when your brain tells you you're hungry and should stop writing right now and eat, but your tummy's like what in the world are you talking about? You go and eat anyway.
4. BOOOORRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEDDDDDD: You know the feeling. When you want to do absolutely anything BUT write and you find yourself checking your word count every second word so you can be done already.
5. Lost in the Woods: Like a week before NaNo, you're planning, and developing, and getting yourself super excited, but then, like in the middle of November, you realize you didn't give your story anything between inciting incident and climax, you realize that because of this, your story wandered away from the planned climax and now has no direction.
6. Sore Thumbs: During NaNo, you're supposed to lock away your personal editor, but as you're writing, she (or he, or it) escapes and makes every wrong word so flashy you get blinded by the wrongness of the words and it violently murders you as you force yourself not to do anything about it.
7. ERROR!: Your computer crashed, your words are gone forever. Sucks for you! Seriously, don't tell me you're not absolutely terrified that this will happen.
8. Bright Lights, Big City: Facebook . . . Twitter . . . Snapchat . . . Friends . . . Parents . . . Siblings . . . Homework. JK! About the homework I mean. Everything else is true. So. Many. Terrible. Wonderful. Distractions.
9. I'm Late! I'm Late! For a Very Important Date!: Some days there's just no time for writing, but you really want to win, and you don't want to do double words tomorrow, so you force in words whenever you can, leaving you stressed on steroids.
10. The Candy is Gone: The candy you stored up last month is gone. The inspiration train that runs on candy power has broken down. One through Nine just got worse.
Does anyone relate to this, or it just me? Let me know in the comments. (: Also, let me know if you have any suggestions for topics.
A good chunk of you already know who I am, considering I sent you here, but for those of you people who found my blog by accident, let me introduce myself. My name is Madison Anderson and I was born and spent little more than half my life in Oregon (US for those of you who don't know and don't want to look it up), so it's no wonder I like the rain. I'm obsessed with Disney (bought myself a Woody doll and I'm so happy :) ) and books. I'm now into drawing, and whenever I get around to it I plan on selling my work. You can visit my art page (someday it'll be website) at https://www.facebook.com/randomart17/?ref=bookmarks